Stress is a common and incredibly normal way to react to difficult situations. Although most people confuse it with a type of mental pressure caused by their inability to handle circumstances, this is not what stress is. Stress is a reaction, not an action. A reaction to external factors such pressure from work or school, or low levels of amino acids like GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid) which can be improved if you look for a GABA supplement for sale online.
Before we look at some helpful tips that will help you cope with stress, we will look at different types of stress.
General, Everyday Stress
This is the everyday stress that you may experience on the day of an important exam or event. It can also occur if you are stuck in traffic, late for work, or have an argument with a friend. It is normal to suffer from this from time to time, and most people will have suffered from this stress at one point in their lives. Even those people that do not appear easily stressed.
You can cope with general everyday stress with a daily drop of CBD oil from Organic CBD Nugs, or with simpler methods like a cold glass of water and a couple of deep, well-paced breaths. If you’re in need of a more effective remedy, you could try a supplement like Kava, which among it’s many health benefits is stress relief.
Acute stress could be likened to general everyday stress’s big brother. Although it is not dangerous, it can leave you feeling exhausted and frazzled. You may have experienced this type of pressure when your boss doubled your workload, or you were working on that English paper while studying for that history exam. As your brain is overworked and irritated, it can cause you to panic and sweat excessively.
Although you can cope with acute stress in the same way as everyday stress, there are remedies like New Mood that can help. If you’d like to know does New Mood work, there are several reviews online that break down it’s effectiveness at alleviating stress.
Episodic-acute stress, compared to the two above, is a lot more serious. Although it can be normal to get stressed from time to time, it is different if everything is stressing you out. Particularly the things that are not stressful at all.
Things can get out of control quickly when you have this form of acute stress – a calm situation can turn chaotic at the drop of a hat.
Chronic stress is perhaps the most serious and even dangerous. This is the kind of stress that wears people down daily. Chronic stress can not only harm the person suffering from it but also those around them.
This type of stress can only be dealt with effectively with professional medical help or an alternative treatment such as hypnosis. See cindygalvin.co.uk for more details.
If you live a stressful life and want to know how to deal with your stress levels in a more efficient way, take note of the tips below.
- Stop and take deep breathes.
• Drink plenty of water but do not gulp it down.
• Invest in a stress ball. This helps relax your muscles.
• Try to be patient. Remember, nothing will happen any quicker than it is going to, even if you go crazy. Work on being patient and kind to yourself.
• Prepare, where possible. You can prepare for events that you know will stress you out. Exams, meetings, and presentations, for example. If you are well prepared in advance, you will reduce your stress levels.
• Count from 100 down to 0. Although this might sound silly, when you begin counting backward from 100, think of individual points of stress leaving your body.
• Know your limits. This is crucial. Remember, you are only human and understand what you can and cannot achieve. Stop trying to do everything.
• Make time for yourself. Take the time to have a sit down with your favourite drink, and listen to music or watch a light-hearted movie.