Are you thinking about visiting Christchurch? What a fabulous idea. It’s a beautiful place with plenty to see and do and better yet, it’s easy to get to with a motorhome hire New Zealand. It’s also an ideal place for freedom camping, if you happen to be traveling on a budget.
As you consider traveling in a motorhome hire New Zealand, there are some things that you’ll want to plan ahead of time. You want to make the most of your trip and knowing about the best places is the perfect way to do just that. This area of New Zealand is well-known for its beauty and charm, so if you’re looking for a unique vacation spot, Christchurch may be perfect for you.
Whether you’re looking for some stops around Christchurch to enjoy some fun and activity, or you want to find a spot for spending the night, Christchurch won’t disappoint. To help ensure that you get the most out of your visit, here are some of the best campervan stops you won’t want to miss.
- If you want to enjoy the city itself while visiting Christchurch, park your motorhome and explore on foot or bicycle. Thersmae are a lot of iconic places in the city that you’ll appreciate, so you don’t want to miss them by being stuck in your motorhome. For example, the Air Force Museum of New Zealand is always an interesting place for aviation lovers. The Canterbury Museum will help you to have a clearer understanding of this city and its history. If you have an interest in Antarctica, you’ll be pleased to know that there is plenty to learn about at International Antarctica Centre. There are also museums and parks to explore, so you can be sure that you’ll never get bored.
- For those who are ready to pack up their motorhome to explore the surrounding areas, there is a great stop just right outside of Christchurch. Lyttelton is near Christchurch but is much smaller and cozier than its neighboring city. If you want to experience the small town feel while in the area, it’s ideal for simply relaxing or enjoying the many activities near the ocean. From enjoying a bite to eat at one of the many cute restaurants to weekend markets and ocean views, it’s the perfect little stop for a New Zealand road trip.
- If you don’t want to just try your luck with freedom camping, you could be curious about where to park your motorhome during your visit to Christchurch and its surroundings. Amber Kiwi Holiday Park is certainly one of the best located ones, so you can easily explore the city whenever you want. It’s a peaceful spot that will be the perfect place to rest at after a long day of walking. If you want to be near the water, Waikuku Beach Holiday Park provides you with close proximity to the water and even trails for you to explore. It has some great amenities as well.
- Visit Akaroa while you’re in the area. It is a gorgeous town near the ocean with beautiful mountains lining the water. It’s the perfect spot for a romantic getaway with a classy feel. From the chic cafés to the local restaurants, the city is fun to explore. You can shop at the boutique shops or simply admire the gardens and architecture. There are also some great beaches nearby. Don’t miss out on visiting Le Bons Bay. While in town, consider taking a cruise to see penguins or dolphins that call this area home.
- For an opportunity to see the countryside without having to drive yourself, consider taking the TranzAlpine Train. It will take you from Christchurch to Greymouth and reward you with fascinating views of the landscape. If you’re traveling with family, it is a fun experience for everyone to enjoy while being able to admire the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps.
New Zealand is any adventurer or avid road tripper’s dream. It’s where beauty reigns supreme while friendliness is just part of the culture. If you want to discover why everyone dreams of one day visiting this fascinating country, you should start planning a trip.
Christchurch is certainly a city that is worth your time. Not only is it rich in history, but it is also ideally located for day trips in the area. From visiting cities like Akaroa and Lyttleton to exploring the area on the TranzAlpine Train, there is something for everyone.
As you consider renting a motorhome hire New Zealand, don’t hesitate putting Christchurch on your itinerary. It’s a city that won’t disappoint and you’ll see some pretty incredible stops along the way. Whether you decide to freedom camp or stay at a private RV park, you can be sure that motorhome traveling is the best way to do it.